0 x item(s)
Wavelets of lace lap at the trailing edge of this simple shawl textured with chevron furrows of garter ridge. The same instructions yield a large size with softly rustic fabric in Shelter or a smaller triangle with crisply defined motifs in Arbor. Jewel tones make Terra perfect for autumn; a bright hue like Tincture will give you a jolt of color to enliven an outfit in any season.
- Approximately 590 yards of DK weight wool yarn
- Approximately 600 yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- 5 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50g)
- 5 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% US American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 140 yards/50g)
Photographed in colors Wreath (Arbor) and Homemade Jam (Shelter)
- 20 stitches & 32 rows = 4″ in Garter Ridge pattern, after moderate blocking
- 14 stitches & 24 rows = 4″ in Garter Ridge pattern, after moderate blocking
- 44″ 112 cm wingspan; 22″ 56 cm depth at center spine
- 63″ 160 cm wingspan, 31½” 80 cm depth at center spine
Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after moderate blocking.
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
Provisional Cast On: Crochet Chain Method
Sewn Bind Off (Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Method)
Kitchener Stitch (Grafting)
Please note that this pattern is sold as a physical copy; it is not a PDF.