Plants Are Magic is a magazine for makers, dreamers and plant lovers. It's a celebration of botanical creativity and explores the human relationship with plants
The theme for vol. 3 is “Time”
104 pages of plant-based art, craft, food, healing, interviews, stories, experiences, recipes and tutorials.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos in the UK and proudly ad-free.
A5 size (14.8 x 21cm / 5.8 x 8.3inches)
Printed on FSC certified silk paper and 'perfect bound' just like a book.
Some highlights from this magazine
- An interview with a knitter who grows and spins their own cotton.
- How to attune your garden to the moon cycles – simple step-by-steps for starting with biodynamic growing.
- Ayurvedic self care daily rituals with 3 plant-based recipes.
- How to do a simple tea meditation to experience herbs to the fullest.
- An Interview with Boreal Folk Apothecary.
- A natural dyeing tutorial with Samorn Sanixay who shows us how to pound flowers into fabric and create beautiful patterned cloth.
- Flower pressing: discovering a new land through wildflowers & tips for starting our own Herbarium (pressed plant specimens).
- Drawing flower motifs to capture the timeless beauty of the life cycle of a plant.
- An interview with sourdough baker Maurizio Leo.
- Recipes for fermenting vegetables and wild herbs.
- Personal stories about connecting with our ancestors through plants.