0 x item(s)
We've just added another date in February 2022 for this great class as the Autumn dates sold out so fast!
Join us and Liz Baltesz who will show us how to work the beautiful Scout Shawl designed by Florence Spurling!
Learn to knit colourwork as well as intarsia techniques to create this stunning shawl.
It's much easier than it looks so don't be intimidated. If you can knit and purl you can knit this!
Sunday October 3rd. Sold Out
Sunday November 14th Sold Out
Sunday February 6th
11am-5pm with a break. (5 hours of instruction)
In this class you will learn the techniques needed to knit the beautiful and innovative Scout Shawl by Florence Spurling Studio. This design uses the techniques of stranded knitting and intarsia to create a patchwork fabric, which can have a contemporary or vintage feel, depending on the colour palette.
You will learn how to:
*Choose yarns that are suitable for colour work
* Choose a colour palette for your project and different methods for testing if it works
* Knit with two colours, including an overview of different methods and the differences between working in the round and working with flat pieces
* Use intarsia to create neat transitions between the patches
* Manage multiple colours when knitting intarsia
* Read a colour work chart and keep track of your progress
During the class you will knit a swatch for the Scout Shawl, which uses all these techniques.
We will also discuss different traditions in stranded knitting and identify useful resources to build your ability to do stranded colour work and to inspire you. Finally, we will look at how you can apply the techniques used in this shawl to other projects.
Please bring with you:
There is a 45-minute break for lunch (not supplied by Loop, but there are lots of places very nearby on Camden Passage and Upper Street) or you are welcome to bring your lunch.
Tea, coffee and cakes will be supplied.
* photos courtesy of Florence Spurling and Liz Baltesz
About the teacher:
Please choose from the options below